Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Rebirth

Ashes still smolder
Fire underneath
Havoc and destruction
Life's most recent bequeath.

Sifting through memories
Nostalgia prevails
Holding tightly against me
A shadow of myself.

Picking up the pieces
My oh-so tattered dream
It's fabric rent in two
Not even close to the seam.

But dreams are the fabric
Values are the core
Love is the glue
New beginnings are in store.

Stronger from my plight
Battle weary, still resolute
The needle starts stitching
As the pieces are regrouped.

A new dream is created
With hope my able guide
Nimble fingers recreate
The love I hid inside.

Cloak is now complete
From ashes to rebirth
Resolute in my convictions
A phoenix who knows my worth.

-Mechelle FitzGeorge
November 11, 2008


1 comment:

Aunt JoJo said...

Wow, I guess you looked inside yourself to try to figure out life. My only thought for you to remember is to focus on what you can affect in you life and find a way to accept what you cannot change around you.
Love
Aunt Jo